He's come along way from Deptford! First pictures inside Oscar-nominee Gary Oldman's $2.9 million Hollywood mansion

By Alanah Eriksen

Last updated at 10:46 PM on 28th February 2012

He left school at 16 to work in a sports show, and now Gary Oldman is an Oscar-nominee with a $ 2.9 million house.

The 53-year-old, born in Deptford, south London, quietly sold his $ 1.7 million home in Studio City and upgraded to the mansion in the star-studded Hollywood neighbourhood of Los Feliz.

Property records show the Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy actor recently purchased the new 3,168-foot Colonial property for $ 2,869,000, according to The Real Estalker.

Living in luxury: Oscar-nominee Gary Oldman's new $  2.9 million mansion in Los Feliz features a massive pool

Living in luxury: Oscar-nominee Gary Oldman's new $ 2.9 million mansion in Los Feliz features a massive pool

He lives at the sprawling five bedroom, five bathroom house with his fourth wife, British singer Alexandra Edenborough.

It did not appear to have been listed on the open market when the couple moved in last year, but these pictures show the two-storey gated property when it was put up for lease in 2012 at a rate of $ 10,000 per month.

Love nest: He lives at five bedroom house with his fourth wife, Alexandra Edenborough

Love nest: He lives at five bedroom house with his fourth wife, Alexandra Edenborough

The main house, covered in clipped vines, was built in 1922 and features three bedroom and four bathrooms while an additional bedroom and bathroom atop a detached two-car garage and can feature as a guest house.

A brick walkway lined with hedges wraps around a two-tiered fountain in front of the entrance way.

The Real Estalker said the foyer of the house 'had random-width wood floors stained a dark espresso color, heavy-duty white moldings, and a tray ceiling that shimmered with some sort of metallic leafing that injects the otherwise architecturally and decoratively homey (and even humble) space with a wee tetch of glitz and glam.'

Dark wood floors continue into a spacious living room that spans the length of the bottom floor and features a wood-burning fireplace and built-in bookshelves.

The room also has a series of French doors on two walls that reach almost to the ceiling, and a deep bay window that overlooks the backyard and swimming pool.

An swinging door separates the kitchen from the formal dining room.

The kitchen features stone tile flooring, cabinets with grey-veined white marble, multi-paned windows, two stainless steel sinks, and high-grade commercial-style appliances.

A 'breakfast room' comes off the kitchen and opens out onto a blue-stoned terrace and swimming pool.

The dark wood floors extend up the stairs and throughout the second floor where two family/guest bedrooms share a bathroom with marble counter tops and white tile shower/tub combination.

The master bedroom retains original fixtures and hardware such as glass door knobs and twin pedestal sinks in the ensuite which also features a soaking tub with elegant marble surround, white tile floors and a separate shower.

You never have to go away! The patio above the pool attracts the sunlight, perfect for the Oscar-nominee and his wife to sunbathe on

You never have to go away! The patio above the pool attracts the sunlight, perfect for the Oscar-nominee and his wife to sunbathe on

Cooking time! The kitchen features wood beams across the ceiling, white cabinetry, stainless steel sinks and multi-paned windows

Cooking time! The kitchen features wood beams across the ceiling, white cabinetry, stainless steel sinks and multi-paned windows

Dinner is served: The dining room has a lemon and black theme

Dinner is served: The dining room has a lemon and black theme

Planted terraces and stone stairways connect to a large lawn with a rectangular pond and water feature.

There is also a small citrus fruit orchard.

Some of the stars who have lived around the property include Katy Perry and Russell Brand before they sold the $ 3.3 million home in July 2011.

Bed time: The master bedroom features the original fittings such as glass doorknobs, and an ensuite with a bath and shower

Bed time: The master bedroom features the original fittings such as glass doorknobs, and an ensuite with a bath and shower

Colour scheme: Dark wood floors and lemon walls feature throughout the house

Colour scheme: Dark wood floors and lemon walls feature throughout the house

Also in the vicinity are Twilight star Robert Pattinson, Emmy-winning actress and Dancing With the Stars runner up Kirstie Alley, musician Michael Balzary (Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers), Weeds creator Jenji Kohan, comedian Jamie Kennedy and, we hear through the celebrity gossip grapevine.

Gary, who was nominated for Best Actor on Sunday, following his performance as John Le Carré's MI6 agent George Smiley in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, spoke of his excitement about the nod last week.

He told The Sun: 'I've never been nominated. The buzz is new for me. It's exciting. It wasn't expected. I want to enjoy it.'

Massive: The spacious living room features built-in book shelves and spans the length of the house

Massive: The spacious living room features built-in book shelves and spans the length of the house

A place for chilling out: The ensuite with a long bath and twin sinks

A place for chilling out: The ensuite with a long bath and twin sinks

Like a jungle: The colonial home is covered in short-clipped vines

Like a jungle: The colonial home is covered in short-clipped vines

he ended up losing out to The Artist's Jean Dujardin but many actors, including Daniel Radcliffe and Ryan Gosling, have said he is a huge inspiration.

Gary become a household name playing Sirius Black in three Harry Potter films but insists there is a new batch of talented actors ready to take his place.

'"Behind me are people like Tom Hardy, Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Fassbender and they're great. I feel I'm getting a little too seasoned to bounce around the walls.

There's a room for everything! The 'breakfast room' looks out onto the swimming pool and terrace

There's a room for everything! The 'breakfast room' looks out onto the swimming pool and terrace

Welcome! The cobbled entrance way features hedges surrounding a two-tiered waterfall

Welcome! The cobbled entrance way features hedges surrounding a two-tiered waterfall

Plenty of room to run around on: A sprawling lawn lies behind the house and features a small pond and citrus orchard

Plenty of room to run around on: A sprawling lawn lies behind the house and features a small pond and citrus orchard

'You know you're getting old when Tom Hardy comes on set and says "You are my hero — I used to watch you when I was a little kid".

'I was happy on Batman watching Tom and thinking, 'Been there, done that.

'Someone should tell Mick Jagger "Just stop it now'". Do you know what I mean? The Rolling Stones are doing another tour. Come on. There comes a point when you want to rein it in a little.'

Read More @ Source

Justin Bieber Ft Ludacris - Baby (Chipmunks Remix).wmv

You know you love me I know you care And I would never, not be there You are my love You are my heart And we would never, ever, ever be apart Are we an item? Girl quit playin' We're just friends, What are you sayin' Take another look right in my eyes My first love, touch my heart for the first time And now I'm like Baby, baby, baby noo I'm like Baby, baby, baby noo I'm like Baby, baby, baby noo I thought you'd always be mine (mine) Baby, baby, baby noo I'm like Baby, baby, baby noo I'm like Baby, baby, baby noo I thought you'd always be mine For you, I would have done whatever And ya stick it with me when we're together And I'm gonn' play it cool While I'm losin you I'll buy you anything I'll buy you any ring Cause I'm in pieces Baby fix me Come see if you wake me from this bad dream* I'm goin down, down, down Baby, baby, baby noo I'm like Baby, baby, baby noo I'm like Baby, baby, baby noo I thought you'd always be mine (mine) Baby, baby, baby noo I'm like Baby, baby, baby noo I'm like Baby, baby, baby ohh I thought you'd always be mine You can give me all of your love Once a time it wont be enough Nobody told me this day would come Now I'm all gone You can give me all of your love Once a time it wont be enough Nobody told me this day would come I wa- I was like Baby, baby, baby noo I'm like Baby, baby, baby noo I'm like Baby, baby, baby noo I thought you'd always be mine (mine) Yeahh, yeah, yeah Yeahh, yeah, yeah Yeahh, yeah, yeah Yeahh, yeah, yeah Yeahh, yeah, yeah Now ...

Video Rating: 4 / 5



More Celeb Stories Here