Angelina Jolie right leg pose: Copy of Jennifer Aniston's red carpet display

By Chris Johnson, Andrea Magrath and Eleanor Gower

Last updated at 11:34 AM on 29th February 2012

It seems Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston have more in common than the same taste in men.

As this picture from January 2010 shows, it was actually Angelina's love rival Jen who blazed the trail as she flashed a lot of leg at the Golden Globes in a black gown split to the thigh.

The ensemble is very similar to the one worn by Jolie at Sunday's Oscars and begs the question - was Angie trying to outdo Aniston once again?

Jolie

Aniston

Looks familiar: Angelina Jolie's famous right leg pose from Sunday's Oscars... but it was love rival Jennifer Aniston who got in on the act first, pictured right at the Golden Globes in January 2010

Angelina's unruly right leg has now made headlines over the world while hilarious spoof images of her limb have gone viral on the web, with bloggers and artists having fun with photoshop.

Jennifer - who was married to Brad Pitt for five years before  Angelina swooped in - failed to create the same stir when she strutted onto the red carpet at the Golden Globes two years ago.

While she looked incredible with her tanned legs on parade, Jennifer breezed into the ceremony in girl-next-door-style, rather than posing in diva fashion with her leg on show as deliberately as spotlight-stealing Angelina.

But side by side, the two images certainly make for an interesting comparison.

Seeing double: A mirror-image mock-up was one of the first parodies to hit the net poking fun at Angelina's leggy pose, while partner Brad Pitt in Interview with the Vampire was given the photoshop treatment

Seeing double: A mirror-image mock-up was one of the first parodies to hit the net poking fun at Angelina's leggy pose, while partner Brad Pitt in Interview with the Vampire was given the photoshop treatment

Seeing double: A mirror-image mock-up was one of the first parodies to hit the net poking fun at Angelina's leggy pose, while partner Brad Pitt in Interview with the Vampire was given the photoshop treatment

The two women have both been inevitably compared to each other following Jennifer's split from Brad seven years ago, with intense speculation that he and Angelina became an item on the set of their film Mr & Mrs Smith, while he and Jen were still together.

In October 2008, Angelina told The New York Times that her children loved Mr & Mrs Smith because: 'Not a lot of people get to see a movie where their parents fell in love.'

However, the actress has maintained that she and the heartthrob remained nothing more than friends until after Pitt and Aniston announced they were divorcing in early 2005.

She once said: 'To be intimate with a married man, when my own father cheated on my mother, is not something I could forgive. I could not look at myself in the morning if I did that. I wouldn't be attracted to a man who would cheat on his wife.'

Where they met: Angelina has said her children like to watch 2005 film Mr & Mrs Smith as they can see where their parents fell in love

Where they met: Angelina, this time with her left leg on show in a scene still from Mr & Mrs Smith

As they were: Aniston and Pitt were married for five years, splitting in 2005

As they were: Aniston and Pitt were married for five years, splitting in 2005

Angelina also said in a 2006 interview with U.S. Vogue that when she met the actor, she had not known 'exactly where Brad was in his personal life.'

She said: 'But it was clear he was with his best friend, someone he loves and respects. And so we were both living, I suppose, very full lives.

'Brad was a huge surprise to me,' she added. 'I think we were the last two people who were looking for a relationship. I certainly wasn't. I was quite content to be a single mom.'

The star also said that she and Brad had taken a 'long time' before deciding to embark on a relationship .

'We spent a lot of time contemplating and thinking and talking about what we both wanted in life and realised that we wanted very, very similar things,' she said.

'And then we just continued to take time. We remained very, very good friends - with this realisation - for a long time.

Angelina sought to explain how the film, a romantic comedy action film, had 'brought' she and Brad together.

'Because of the film, we ended up being brought together to do all these crazy things, and I think we found this strange friendship and partnership that kind of just suddenly happened,' she said.

'I think a few months in I realised, "God, I can't wait to get to work."'

However, her comments didn't go down too well with Jennifer who gave her own interview to U.S. Vogue two years later.

When asked about Angelina's comments, she said: 'There was stuff printed there that was definitely from a time when I was unaware that it was happening.

'I felt those details were a little inappropriate to discuss.'

Keeping THAT leg covered: Angelina put THAT very slim pin into a pair of trousers and a knee-high boot yesterday after it's attention-seeking turn on the red-carpet at the Oscars on Sunday

Keeping THAT leg covered: Angelina put THAT very slim pin into a pair of trousers and a knee-high boot yesterday after it's attention-seeking turn on the red-carpet at the Oscars on Sunday

Keeping THAT leg covered: Angelina put THAT very slim pin into a pair of trousers and a knee-high boot yesterday after it's attention-seeking turn on the red-carpet at the Oscars on Sunday

According to the interview, Jennifer shook her head in disbelief as she then added: 'That stuff about how she couldn't wait to get to work every day? That was really uncool.'

And then last year, Brad unintentionally thrust his relationship with Jennifer back into the spotlight during an interview with Parade magazine when he made reference to his first marriage.

'It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself,' he said.

'I think that my marriage [to Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't.'

Mocking: After Angelina presented the award for Best Accepted Screenplay Award to The Descendants, writer Jim Rash couldn't resist poking fun at the hilarious pose

Mocking: After Angelina presented the award for Best Accepted Screenplay Award to The Descendants, writer Jim Rash couldn't resist poking fun at the hilarious pose

Mocking: The fun started early, with screenwriter Jim Rash copying the hilarious pose shortly after the actress presented him with an award onstage

He was then forced to clarify his comments after they made worldwide headlines, releasing a statement saying: 'It grieves me that this was interpreted this way. Jen is an incredibly giving, loving, and hilarious woman who remains my friend.

'It is an important relationship I value greatly. The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself – and that, I am responsible for.'

For her part, Jennifer, who is now dating actor Justin Theroux, has revealed she is 'happier than I've ever been,' and told GQ that: 'Oh, my God, my thirties blew. Forties are great,' perhaps referring to her new relationship.

Meanwhile, Angelina, 36, kept her pins covered yesterday as she snapped back to motherly duties shopping with her twins Vivienne and Knox in Beverly Hills along with Brad's mother Jane.

On show: Angelina continuously showed off her slender leg on the red-carpet at the Oscars last night

The original: Angelina's overexposed leg on Oscars night has been the cause of much ridicule

Read More @ Source

Holiday Haul!!!

Thanks so much for watching my loves!!!! :) My Links! (You can send me pictures if you try out this look to my FB and Twitter!) Subscribe to my other channel!: youtube.com Like my Facebook Page!: www.facebook.com Follow me on Twitter!: youtube.com I got an Instagram! Username: Bethanynoelm Disclaimer- Everything mentioned in this video was purchased by me. None of the companies are paying me to mention their products. This is not a sponsored video.

Video Rating: 4 / 5



More Celeb Stories Here