Phillip Schofield wants Kate Middleton for Dancing On Ice

DANCING on Ice host Phillip Schofield wants to give the ITV skating show a royal boost — by recruiting the Duchess of Cambridge.

He reckons Kate Middleton would be a great skater thanks to her svelte figure.

Phillip said: "If I was a contestant on the show, the Duchess of Cambridge would be my perfect partner because I suspect she's very light on her feet." But he added: "There is no question I would perform better on The Cube than Dancing On Ice.

"You can't underestimate how difficult Dancing On Ice is for the contestants. It is a gruelling schedule then there is the ever-present possibility you'll smash your teeth in.

"Of all the reality shows, this is the toughest."

Phillip, who co-hosts with Christine Bleakley, is thrilled Jason Gardiner returns to the panel for the new series, on January 6. He laughed: "Mr Acid Tongue is back!"

Below, the new celebs break off from training to give us their thoughts.

Oona King

Oona King

FORMER Labour MP Oona King aims to wow her dance-mad Italian hubby Tiberio.

She said: "He became tango-crazy two years ago and tried to get me to practise the dance but I was not interested. Now I have my tango equivalent in skating."

Gareth Thomas

Gareth Thomas

WALES rugby legend Gareth Thomas loves the sequined costumes.

He said: "I have even told the costume guy to stick more diamonds and colour on me.

"It's like a play. You are telling a story and you become a character."

Beth Tweddle

Beth Tweddle

OLYMPIC gymnast Beth Tweddle reckons she has this ice lark in hand. She said: "We have to have straight legs in gym but on the ice that is the worst thing. So I use a tape recorder in training to tell me, 'Bend the knees!' "

Lauren Goodger

Lauren Goodger

FORMER Towie star Lauren Goodger's biggest fear is facing the judges.

She said: "I am nervous because they may look at me and think I am from reality TV and there won't be much respect. I hope the judges take me for who I am."

Joe Pasquale

Joe Pasquale

COMIC Joe Pasquale got off to a bad start with Dancing On Ice coach Karen Barber.

He said: "I couldn't even stand up. I was like a giraffe on ice. Karen told me I was the worst contestant. But she's seen me since and is pleased with my progress."

Luke Campbell

Luke Campbell

OLYMPIC boxer Luke Campbell hopes to do his home city, Hull, proud.

He said: "When I won gold this summer, the fans were unreal. I want to do the same again. I want to represent Hull well."

Keith Chegwin

Keith Chegwin

TELLY host Keith Chegwin is thrilled at how tough training sessions on the ice have helped him beat the flab.

Cheggers said: "My missus definitely thinks I have toned up. I have lost over a stone and I have never done that before. It's just by exercising."

Matt Lapinskas

Matt Lapinskas

FORMER EastEnders star Matt Lapinskas will give the judges as good as he gets.

He said: "I will answer back. I am not afraid. I am prepared for the highs and lows – you can work really hard and the judges can kill you for it."

Samia Ghadie

Samia Ghadie

CORRIE siren Samia Ghadie fell and banged her head in practice – suffering concussion and whiplash.

But she is back and says: "I find lifts easy – although I get frustrated with some of the basic moves. Some days you want to cry."

Pamela Anderson

Pamela Anderson

BLONDE bombshell Pamela Anderson insists she has no problem with viewers judging her by her Baywatch past.

She said: "If people still remember me in my 20s on a beach, fine. I am happy with the image – misconceptions can work in my favour."

Shayne Ward

Shayne Ward

X FACTOR 2005 winner Shayne Ward says the show's creative directors, Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean, like his balance on the ice.

He joked: "I don't know if it's because my sisters put heels on me – they dressed me up, it wasn't my choice!"

Anthea Turner

Anthea Turner

PRESENTER Anthea Turner reckons age is against her as she battles a fear of the ice.

She said: "I have that older woman mentality – I am scared. It's like learning to dance on bread knives.

"This is the most difficult show I have ever gone on."

Read More @ Source



More Celeb Stories Here