Cher Lloyd: I’ve always felt like a freak

She may be a freak, but she aint no diva...

Now if there’s one thing that we can say is true of Cher Lloyd is that she can sometimes be misunderstood.

The X Factor star has admitted that she found being on the show difficult last year because people were trying to “mould” her.

However she insists that her resistance to be turned into something she’s not wasn’t brattish behaviour, just rebellious.

Speaking to The Mail on Sunday, Cher said: “I've always been my own person. People would have a hard job trying to mould me. Even on The X Factor, where they're picking your songs and outfits, and doing your hair and make-up the way they want you to be seen, I was quite rebellious. I'd say no, I don't want to look like that."

Cher acknowledges though that she can be “trouble” and feels like a “freak” most of the time, click next to find out why…

Cher Lloyd 'nervous' about her X Factor return

Cher Lloyd has admitted that she is nervous about performing on The X Factor on Sunday's results show.

276744

Cher Lloyd has admitted that she is nervous about performing on The X Factor on Sunday's results show.

Lloyd finished fourth in last year's series and faced a lot of criticism during her time on the programme.

However, the 18-year-old insisted that despite her nerves, she will enjoy performing on The X Factor again.

Cher Lloyd 'nervous' about her X Factor return

She told Digital Spy: "I'm really nervous. I'm always nervous, even if it's a performance in front of 20 people.

"But y'know what? I've done it before - I did it for a good few weeks - and so I don't think it's going to kill me to go on stage.

"I think I'm going to love getting on that stage."

Lloyd is to perform her new single With Ur Love on the programme.

She has received a mainly positive response to her new track, compared to the reaction she provoked with her debut single Swagger Jagger.

Cher said: "From what I've heard people are really happy with it.

"They keep saying they have it on repeat, which is really good."

She added: "It basically gives you a good insight on what the album is going to be like, so I think it was a good choice."

Lloyd's With Ur Love will be available to download on October 30 during her performance on the X Factor