Beyonce says her miscarriage was the saddest moment of her life

BEYONCE has opened up about the pain of losing a child, saying her miscarriage is the "saddest thing" she's ever been through.

The singer – who's now a doting mum to one-year-old daughter Blue Ivy – revealed she'd been excitedly researching names when doctors broke the devastating news two years ago.

Beyoncé was in the early stages of pregnancy when she went for a routine check-up that ended in heartbreak.

Speaking in her new documentary Life Is But a Dream, the pop titan – married to Jay-Z – said: "About two years ago, I was pregnant for the first time.

"And I heard the heartbeat, which was the most beautiful music I ever heard in my life.

"I picked out names. I envisioned what my child would look like... I was feeling very maternal.

"I flew back to New York to get my check-up - and no heartbeat. Literally the week before, I went to the doctor, everything was fine, but there was no heartbeat."

Beyoncé turned to music to deal with the trauma of her loss.

She revealed: "I went into the studio and wrote the saddest song I've ever written in my life. And it was actually the first song I wrote for my (last) album.

"And it was the best form of therapy for me, because it was the saddest thing I've ever been through."

The pop superstar admits she cherished every moment that Blue Ivy was growing inside her and struggled to keep the good news to herself.

She said: "Being pregnant was very much like falling in love. You are so open. You are so overjoyed.

"There's no words that can express having a baby growing inside of you, so of course you want to scream it out and tell everyone."

Beyonce with her daughter Blue Ivy

Baby joy ... Beyoncé with her daughter Blue Ivy

AP

Read More @ Source



More Celeb Stories Here