Alanis Morissette Reveals Struggles Of Postpartum Depression


Watch Video

 

(Image Source: E!)

 

BY BRICE SANDER

 

Alanis Morissette stopped by “Chelsea Lately,” and opened up about her little-known battle with postpartum depression following the birth of her son in December 2010.

ALANIS: “My husband and I had this idea of doing a postpartum record. Things like, ‘Whose Boobs Are These Anyway?’”
ALANIS: “I waited too long before I reached out for help. It was about a year and four months.”
CHELSEA: “Oh God.”
ALANIS: “It was hard.”
CHELSEA: “No wonder you wanted to write an album.”
ALANIS: “The album seems unaffected by it, though. Although there are some moments. There’s a song called ‘Numb,’ where I write about recovery ...”


When asked by ABC News why she didn’t reveal her struggle with depression until promoting her album, Alanis said …

“I didn’t feel the need to share. … It was just a really intense time and if I could share anything with anyone who’s going through it, it would be to encourage them to seek help and reach out a little earlier than I did.”

As for the album, The Huffington Post calls it a musical journey for the singer-songwriter.

“[The album] is going to show the world a more grown up Morissette, still questioning, still searching, still hoping but from a place of a woman in love.”
 

Read More @ Source

More Celeb Stories Here