Vanessa Hudgens: 'Disney's Snow White cured my shyness'


Hollywood's 25 brightest new stars: Vanessa Hudgens

© PA Images / Matt Crossick/EMPICS Entertainment

Vanessa Hudgens has revealed that watching Disney films as a child helped her shyness while growing up.

The actress explained that watching films such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarves helped cure her shyness, before eventually starring in Disney franchise High School Musical.

"I was a very shy and quiet kid until my parents took me to see my first Disney movie, Snow White," she said. "After that I would always hum and sing the songs and dress up as Snow White.

"Funny how dressing up and singing songs in High School Musical actually made me a part of the Disney family."

Hudgens was speaking in support of Disney Junior's Million Disney Memories campaign to raise £1 million for Great Ormond Street.

The Hills star Audrina Partridge added that she was a big fan of The Little Mermaid as a child, due to one of the characters sharing her name.

"I remember going to the movies and watching The Little Mermaid, it was my favourite movie. Plus I was really excited because one of the mermaids was named Audrina," she said.

"Other than that when I was little we would go to Disneyland a lot and the Dumbo ride and 'It's a Small World' were my favourite rides! I still love Disneyland."

Disney recently announced plans to re-release Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo andMonsters, Inc. in 3D.

I was a very shy kid: Vanessa Hudgens


Vanessa Hudgens has credited Disney movies with helping her become an actress.

The 22-year-old, who shot to fame in the ''High School Musical'' film franchise, alongside former boyfriend Zac Efron, said she was a shy child until she saw her first fairytale movie which helped her to discover a love of performing, reported Daily Mail.

"I was a very shy and quiet kid until my parents took me to see my first Disney movie, ''Snow White''. After that I would always hum and sing the songs and dress up as Snow White.
Funny how dressing up and singing songs in ''High School Musical'' actually made me a part of the Disney family," Hudgens said.

The actress isn''t the only celebrity with fond childhood memories of Disney. Former ''The Hills'' star Audrina Patridge was obsessed with ''The Little Mermaid'' because one of the characters had the same name as her.

"I remember going to the movies and watching ''The Little Mermaid'' it was my favourite movie. Plus I was really excited because one of the mermaids was named Audrina. I still love Disneyland," Patridge said.