Angelina Jolie: "I am a hopeless mom" ?

Angelina Jolie: 'I'll never be as good a mother as my mum'

Marcheline Bertrand and Angelina Jolie

Angelina Jolie has said that she will never be as good a mother as her own mum Marcheline Bertrand.

Jolie praised Bertrand during a 60 Minutes interview on Sunday, saying that her mother always put the children's needs ahead of her own ambitions.

"My mother was a full-time mother. She didn't have much of her own career, her own life, her own experiences. Everything was for her children," the In the Land of Blood and Honey director explained.

"I will never be as good a mother as she was. I will try my best, but I don't think I ever will be. She was the most generous, loving woman. She's better than me."

Jolie, whose father is the actor Jon Voight, went on to credit her mum for teaching her the importance of motherhood when she adopted her first child Maddox in 2002.

Bertrand died in January 2007 following a near eight-year battle with ovarian cancer.

It was recently reported that Jolie and partner Brad Pitt are considering adopting their seventh child.

In the Land of Blood and Honey, a love story set against the Bosnian War, is released in US cinemas on December 23.