Scarlett Johansson thinks Facebook and Twitter are for WEIRDOS

Scarlett Johansson: 'Social media is strange'

Scarlett Johansson attends the 1743 spirit of Moet & Chandon celebrations in China

Scarlett Johansson has said that she finds social media to be a "strange phenomenon". The Lost in Translation star revealed that she has yet to create a Facebook or Twitter account, admitting that she has no interest in doing so.

"I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter account, and I don't know how I feel about this idea of, 'Now, I'm eating dinner, and I want everyone to know that I'm having dinner at this time', or 'I just mailed a letter and dropped off my kids'," Johansson told Interview magazine.

"That, to me, is a very strange phenomenon," she continued. "I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than have to continuously share details of my everyday life."

It was recently reported that Johansson will make her directorial debut on the adaptation of Truman Capote's novella Summer Crossing.

Earlier this month, director Woody Allen revealed that he and Johansson are on a hiatus from working together after collaborating on three films.