Kylie Minogue receives Silver Clef award for services to music

By Holly Thomas

|

Kylie Minogue was overjoyed to receive a Silver Clef award in recognition of her service to the music industry last night.

The 44-year-old admitted at the London event that she never expected to have such an accolade.

She gushed: 'I never would have thought 25 years ago I could have got an award like this and I think that's why I was so emotional up there.'

Scroll down for video...

Overjoyed: Kylie Minogue was thrilled to receive an award for services to music at the Silver Clef awards at the Hilton Park Lane in London last night

Overjoyed: Kylie Minogue was thrilled to receive an award for services to music at the Silver Clef awards at the Hilton Park Lane in London last night

'It's really hard to comprehend and how to express my gratitude.'

Speaking backstage at the Hilton Park Lane, she added: 'It makes me proud, really proud. I can definitely see with some distance what's gone well, what hasn't gone well, the journey that I've been on, what I've learnt.'

Kylie posted a picture of herself with the award on Twitter, writing: 'Today I was so lucky, lucky, LUCKY!!!! Thank you Nordoff Robbins for my Silver Clef Award!!!'

Still got it: The Aussie pop princess looked gorgeous in a short one-shoulder nude silk dress with a black embroidered pattern on one side

Still got it: The Aussie pop princess looked gorgeous in a short one-shoulder nude silk dress with a black embroidered pattern on one side

The Aussie pop princess looked gorgeous in a short one-shoulder nude silk dress with a black embroidered pattern on one side.

She wore her hair in a pretty loose side bun, and kept her make-up fresh and simple.

Kylie  admitted that she found it 'hard' to express her gratitude to the music industry, and promised that there was 'more to come' from her.

More still to come: Kylie says she's only just hitting her creative stride

More still to come: Kylie says she's only just hitting her creative stride

She said: 'I feel like I'm just hitting my stride. I'm lucky enough to still have different opportunities, new challenges.'

Kylie also spoke of her anticipation at being reunited with her former Neighbours co-star Jason Donovan at a concert to celebrate the hits of Stock Aitken Waterman.

She confessed: 'I don't know what it's going to be like, I think it will be a laugh, it will be quite surreal for sure.'

Never stops: Kylie also attended the Opening Ceremony of Paris Cinema 10th Anniversary at Hotel de Ville yesterday

Never stops: Kylie also attended the Opening Ceremony of Paris Cinema 10th Anniversary at Hotel de Ville yesterday

Never stops: Kylie also attended the Opening Ceremony of Paris Cinema 10th Anniversary at Hotel de Ville yesterday

Kylie and Jason are due to perform their 1988 hit Especially For You at the Hit Factory Live concert in London next month.

The song sold over a million copies, and was released in the UK in time for Christmas after the on-screen wedding of the pair's respective Neighbours characters.

Especially For You was Kylie's biggest-selling single in the UK until  2001's Can't Get You Out Of My Head.

Read More @ Source



More Celeb Stories Here