johnny marr solo song about seaside towns

JOHNNY MARR was inspired by seaside towns – including Rhyl – when writing a track for his debut solo album The Messenger.

The Smiths guitarist, who releases the collection in February, says Lockdown is about growing up in a place like the north Wales town. He said: "I read a snidey book about the worst places to live in Britain and Rhyl was in it.

"I thought the author misunderstood those places so I tried to imagine what it would be like being somewhere like that on a cold Wednesday night in November."

Last week the singer won the Q Hero gong and admitted it was like getting a "pat on the back".

He said: "I'm certainly not cynical about it. I don't want to be too over-the-top either. I'm a musician and I don't do it to get awards but everyone likes a pat on the back.

"It's nice to be liked – I've been in a couple of rooms where people who I really respect have got awards like this and I've been happy to stand up and applaud it.

"To be on the receiving end of that is pretty cool."

Read More @ Source



More Celeb Stories Here