Freddie Flintoff shows off his new slimline physique at Pride Of Britain awards after shedding 30lbs in just seven weeks

By Sarah Bull

|

The Pride of Britain awards are traditionally an occasion to pay tribute to the nation's unsung heroes, as well as an excuse for the female celebrities of the world to dust off their eveningwear for the event.

But while the women certainly attracted their fair share of attention on the red carpet, there was also one man who stood out from the crowd - Freddie Flintoff.

The 34-year-old former cricketer showed off his new slimline physique in a dapper suit, after losing an astonishing 30lbs over the past seven weeks.

Suits you! Freddie Flintoff showed off a slimline new physique at the Pride Of Britain awards, after shedding 30lbs in the past seven weeks

Suits you! Freddie Flintoff showed off a slimline new physique at the Pride Of Britain awards, after shedding 30lbs in the past seven weeks

Pre-Caveman diet: Freddie looking bigger before

Pre-Caveman diet: Freddie looking bigger before

Freddie, who is training to become a boxer, has been sticking to the Caveman diet in a bid to lose weight - a diet based on lean meat, raw vegetables, berries and nuts, while avoiding foods such as sugar and refined carbohydrates.

And the results of the new regime are clear to see, with Freddie displaying his new look in a midnight blue suit as he posed with stunning wife Rachael, who matched her husband perfectly in a strapless blue gown.

Speaking recently about his weight loss, Freddie told Britain's Glamour magazine: 'I've lost about 30lbs in the last seven weeks and I'm trying to lose another 15. I'm on the Caveman Diet.'

Asked what he can eat, Freddie replied: 'I have steak or two buffalo burgers for breakfast. It sounds good, but when you're up at half five in the morning cooking up a steak, it's dreadful.

'Then I have 12 almonds mid-morning, two chicken dinners a day with green vegetables, two boiled eggs or some berries mid afternoon and then fish and green vegetables for dinner.

Red carpet pros: Freddie posed up at the awards with his stunning wife Rachael, who wore a strapless blue gown

Red carpet pros: Freddie posed up at the awards with his stunning wife Rachael, who wore a strapless blue gown

New frame: Freddie posted this picture of himself showing off his muscles on his Twitter page earlier this month

New frame: Freddie posted this picture of himself showing off his muscles on his Twitter page earlier this month

The full interview appears in the December issue of Glamour magazine

The full interview appears in the December issue of Glamour magazine

'Oh, and I can't drink alcohol but I can have coffee.'

Freddie has also displayed a change in style over the past few years, but credits Rachael for aiding his makeover.

He said: 'Certain things have disappeared from the wardrobe over the years.

'Rachael keeps asking me to go shopping with her but I hate shopping. You go in, nothing fits and you get to a point where you buy something much too small just to save face.'

Freddie, whose real name is Andrew Flintoff, has made a name for himself in the cricketing world and now through his TV career, but is also regularly seen on television fronting various campaigns.

But Freddie insisted he won't be shedding his clothes for an underwear shoot anytime soon, adding he has to think carefully about which campaigns to sign up for.

He added: 'I do things if I feel they're relevant or I genuinely really like something.

'I do the Morrisons adverts because my mum shops there and they have clothes that fit me. But I do get the p**s taken out of me.

'Every time I go back to Preston and I'm down the social club having a drink. I'll get 15 minutes of relentless ribbing. '

The full interview with Freddie appears in the December issue of Britain's Glamour magazine, out 1st November.

Read More @ Source



More Celeb Stories Here